Singer-actor Rowoon is ready to show why he is one of the most sought-after leads for K-drama rom-coms with his new role in The Matchmakers. Photos from the upcoming KBS2 period drama’s script reading session have just been released, offering audiences a glimpse of the cast.
Who are the cast?
- Rowoon takes on the role of Shim Jung-Woo. His character is a brilliant young man who becomes the youngest to pass the Civil Service Exam. However, his promising career and marriage prospects take a hit when tragedy strikes during a royal wedding.
- Cho Yi-Hyun plays Jung Soon-Deok, a young widow and the second daughter-in-law of the first vice-premier’s family. She leads a double life as Mrs. Yeo Joo, the renowned matchmaker of Hanyang City.
- Park Ji -Young, known for Revenant, portrays the formidable Park So-Hyun, who propelled her family members into key court positions.
- Jo Han-Chul, last seen in Weak Hero Class 1 and Reborn Rich, plays a king with a mission to marry off Dr. Maeng’s three daughters within two months.
- Jung Shin-Hye, from My Perfect Stranger and Cheer Up, portrays the outspoken Maeng Ha-Na, the eldest daughter of Dr. Maeng.
- Park Ji-Won plays Maeng Doo-Ri, Dr. Maeng’s second daughter, a talented novelist who disguises herself as a man.
Check out the photos from the script reading session below:
The Matchmaker premieres Oct 30
In a statement, the production team for The Matchmakers say the drama will “deliver heartwarming laughter” to all. They added that the distinctive historical rom-com drama will infuse the late fall season with “heart-fluttering excitement”.
Don’t miss the premiere of The Matchmakers on Oct 30, 2023 at 9:45PM KST, exclusively available on Viki. Get ready to be charmed by this captivating Joseon Dynasty love story!