Reports have emerged that BTS’ V and BLACKPINK’s Jennie, two of K-pop’s most prominent figures, have parted ways. This development emerges just as V is set to begin his military service, which is allegedly the reason for the break-up with Jennie.
The relationship between these two stars has been rumored for almost 2 years. However, it has never been officially acknowledged by either artist, despite persistent fan speculation. Their respective agencies, Big Hit Music and YG Entertainment, have also refused to confirm or deny it.
A timeline of their alleged relationship
The rumors of V and Jennie’s relationship first began in late 2021. Here’s a timeline of some of the notable incidents which made headlines:
- December 2021: V accidentally follows and then unfollows Jennie on Instagram, sparking the initial rumors.
- May 2022: V travels to Jeju Island, with Jennie rumored to be accompanying him. An airline employee reportedly sees them together on a flight to the island.
- August 2022: New photos allegedly of Jennie and V surface online, including a cozy mirror selfie. There was also another image showing V kissing Jennie’s forehead.
- October 2022: YG Entertainment launches an investigation into the leak of Jennie’s ‘personal photos’.
- May 2023: Jennie and V are reportedly spotted walking together in Paris, further fueling rumors.
- September/October 2023: Jennie was said to have invited V, as well as Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, and Park Hyung Sik to Jeju Island to a private listening party for her single album You & Me.
Jennie and V going forward
Even if the rumors of the break-up are true, neither Jennie nor V will have much time to dwell on it.
Jennie and the rest of BLACKPINK recently renewed their group contracts with YG Entertainment. This means that Jennie will soon be kept busy with more exciting projects and music for fans. Meanwhile, V is also preparing for a new chapter in his life with his upcoming military service.
Whether you believe the rumors are true or not, the entire saga should serve as a reminder of the challenges that public figures like Jennie and V have to navigate while trying to maintain their privacy. Either way, we wish them both the best in their future endeavors.